We’ve raised over $2,000, which is a great start, but we’re very far from our goal of $50,000.
We need YOUR help to make our IndieGoGo campaign a success. Here are some ideas:
1. Any fan of LoonWatch who hasn’t contributed should go ahead and do so. Twenty-five dollars is affordable for most folks. But, even if it’s five dollars, do it! NOW!
2. Some people have said they would contribute but can’t because they don’t have a credit card. Don’t let this stop you from contributing. Find a family member of friend who does have a credit card, give them the contribution amount, and ask them to contribute on your behalf. In fact, this is a great opportunity to ask them to match your contribution.
3. Each and every one of you should go and ask at least one other person to contribute.
4. If you’ve gotten one other person to contribute, now find four other people to contribute as well. In fact, the best way is to make a list of all the people you know who might even remotely be interested in contributing, and then contact each one of them individually.
5. Go to LoonWatch’s Facebook page, like it, and SHARE our Facebook post with the IndieGoGO campaign video. This requires exactly ten seconds of your time.
7. EMAIL your contacts a link to our IndieGoGo campaign.
8. Contact websites and blogs you know to feature our campaign. If you visit a discussion forum, make sure to post our IndieGoGo link there.
9. Take our campaign to your mosque: It’s the last ten days of Ramadan. Muslims are flooding the mosques for prayers. This is an excellent time and place to ask for contributions. Prepare a small one-minute speech on LoonWatch–explaining what the site is and why it’s so awesome–and then ask your mosque administration to allow you to give it. (Or, alternatively, have one of them give it.) It can be a short introduction to LoonWatch; here’s a sample:
Hi, everyone. As you all know, Islamophobia is a major problem today. There is an organization and website called LoonWatch that is dedicated to monitoring and fighting Islamophobia. You can visit their site by going to LoonWatch.com. I think it’s very important for the Muslim community to support this organization. LoonWatch has started a social media crowdfunding campaign to raise funds to fight Islamophobia. You can visit the site online to contribute. But to make it convenient for you, I’m passing around a donation box as well. Contribute whatever you can and I’ll send the money on your behalf to them. Together, we can beat Islamophobia. Thank you.
Then, pass around a donation box (you can make this by just taping a shoe box together and cutting a slit on the top of it). Once you’ve collected the donations, you can deposit the cash into your own account and submit the equivalent amount to our campaign using your credit card.
Some good timings would be the Friday prayer, as well as the Tarawih prayers. Here is a flyer for our campaign you can use.
10. This is a time for YOU to be proactive. Don’t be a victim of the bystander effect, i.e. thinking someone else will act instead of you. For example, even ONE of you can raise a lot of money if you follow through on point #9 (i.e. taking our campaign to your mosque).
If you’re willing to help out in this way, please comment below or email me: danios [at] loonwatch.com. Taking our campaign to your mosque is probably the highest yield way to quickly raise funds, so please do consider helping out in this way.