A Reclaim Australia supporter has been charged with threatening to slit the throat of a prominent Sydney lawyer and campaigner againstÂ Islamophobia.
Mariam Veiszadehâ€‹ reported the online threat to NSW Police, who last week charged a mother-of-three from Guildford with using a carriage service to menace, harass or offend.
In a private message sent to Ms Veiszadeh on Facebook, the 37-year-old woman allegedly said she would “find you and hunt you down”.
“Watch as we come for you in your sleep [and] cut your throat as you do [to] the animals you torment,” said theÂ ramblingÂ message sent at 11.06pm onÂ July 12.
It allegedly included a threat to “kill yourÂ family for you to see [and] kill your uncle which is now your husband”.
MsÂ VeiszadehÂ requested that Fairfax Media notÂ publish theÂ woman’s nameÂ because she was concerned about vilifying herÂ children,Â but sheÂ said she decided to report the incident as a deterrentÂ to those who thinkÂ they can get away withÂ cyber-bullying.
Fairfax Media has seen a private message Paul Barnes sent Ms Veiszadeh on Sunday. Photo: Facebook
TheÂ woman started an online petition in FebruaryÂ calling for the banning of Muslim head scarves and stricter immigration laws concerning Muslims only.
In it, she called on people to join her at the Reclaim Australia rally in Sydney on July 19, a week after she allegedly sent the message to Ms Veiszadeh.
Her Facebook profiles show an increasing interest in opposing Islam and she recently voiced her support for Reclaim Australia rallies in Newcastle and Cairns, as well asÂ campaigns to ban halal certification and “Islamisation”.